The Chair of the Managing Board – Rector of the University GulmiraQanay held a report meeting with the people, reports Delovoy Kazakhstan.
The live broadcast was conducted on the Zoom platform and the official channel of the educational institution on Youtube.
In the report, the Rector spoke in detail about the work done at the university on educational, research, financial, and economic work in 2020-2021 academic year, and plans for the further development of the pedagogical educational institution.
The event was attended by rectors of universities, educators, staff, and students of the Kazakh National Women's Pedagogical University, representatives of foreign partner universities, employers, and representatives of Media.
At the reporting meeting, GulmiraQanay presented to the public the work done on behalf of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - ElbasyNursultanNazarbayev and the head of state Kassym-ZhomartTokayev to develop national education and science, increase the competitiveness of specialists, the entry of Kazakhstani universities into the world educational space.
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, the university entered the top twenty universities in the rating of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs "Atameken" in 20 educational programs, in the top ten universities in the National Institutional Ranking, and in the top 3 pedagogical universities in Kazakhstan, in addition, 10 educational programs were successfully completed re-accreditation of the agency ACQUIN (Germany), - said the head of the university.
Since 2021, the educational institution has introduced new educational programs that meet modern requirements: "Physics-Electronics", "Informatics and Robotics", "Design of digital analytical educational systems", "Visual art, artwork, graphics, and design".
- For the first time this year, educational programs have been comprehensively discussed with more than a hundred employers, student students. On this side, various proposals were developed, thereby updating the content of educational programs, preparing new programs, - said GulmiraQanay.
The rector of the university spoke about the course of the admissions campaign this year.
- Today 8 thousand students, undergraduates, and doctoral students study at the university. According to the results of admission in 2021, 3,438 students were enrolled for 1 course. This figure is several times higher than in previous years, - said the speaker.
Last academic year, the employment rates of university graduates also showed a high result. In particular, in the 2020-2021 academic year, 1,785 students graduated at the bachelor's level, more than 81 percent of graduates were employed. By the master's level, 95% of graduates are employed, by the level of doctoral studies – 94%.
At the end of 2021, 3 teachers won the state grant "The best teacher of the university", 3 scientists became winners of the competition of the International “Bolashaq” program.
In a report, GulmiraQanay spoke about research activities.
- The Kazakh National Women's Teacher Training University is a classical university combining education, science, and innovation. In 2021, 23 research projects were carried out in 31 areas. To date, 5 research projects are being implemented with funding from the Ministry of Education and Science. The total amount of funding for research projects in 2020-2021 amounted to 36,840,300 tenges, - said the Rector.
Women's University is traditionally a leader in scientific articles. The number and quality of articles of the teaching staff, published in publications indexed in the international scientific database Scopus, Web of Science, as well as in republican journals, is gradually increasing. So, this year, 1,532 works of teachers and scientists have been published in republican and foreign publications.
During the meeting, the rector of the university spoke about further development plans.
- In the 2021-2022 academic year, we plan to work in two main areas. First, the development of the university infrastructure. Including updating the material and technical base. Together with the Ministry of Education and Science, in order to implement the academic mobility program and search for sponsorship, we are considering the possibility of creating and updating new dormitories and educational buildings for investors, - said GulmiraQanay.
According to the head of the university, in the near future, 30 curricula will be updated in cooperation with the Finnish HAMK Häme University of Applied Sciences. In addition, work will be done to update the Master's and Continuing Education (PGCE) programs with local and international experts.
But that's not all. Starting this academic year, the salary of the teaching staff of the university will be increased by 30%. It should be noted that the average salary of teachers is planned to increase several times by 2024 compared to previous years.
Please note that at the reporting meeting, which lasted about an hour, answers were also given to the majority of questions. Most of the questions posed to the rector related to the hostel, the educational process, research work, and the activities of the educational institution.