In Astana, as part of the state visit to Kazakhstan of the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, Kazakhstan-Qatar Investment Forum was held in Astana, organized by "Samruk-Kazyna" JSC and "NC "KAZAKH INVEST" JSC. This year the high-level event was attended by representatives of big business of the two countries, the total number of delegates was more than 200 people, Delovoy Kazakhstan reports.
The Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan Almas Aidarov opened the event with a welcoming speech. In his speech, he said that the Government of Kazakhstan is working to increase the level of investment attractiveness of the country. In particular, a draft of a new concept of Kazakhstan's investment policy was tested with a focus on increasing the investment attractiveness of Kazakhstan in the context of ESG security, global energy and technological transition. According to him, the signing of the Agreement on Promotion and Mutual Protection of Investments between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the State of Qatar will open new opportunities for investors and strengthen relations between the countries.
The Managing Director of "Samruk-Kazyna" JSC Ernar Zhanadil, who stressed the importance of strengthening trade and industry cooperation, opened the work of the first plenary session. According to him, the economy of Qatar is one of the fastest growing economies in the Middle East and the world, at the same time Qatar is one of the most important economic partners of Kazakhstan.
Such major companies as Hassad Food, Qatar Mining, Estithmar Holding, Baladna, SNOONU, Metito Qatar and others, presented Qatar’s investment opportunities.
In his speech, "Hassad Food" CEO Mohammed Al Sada spoke about the importance of food security, noted that the company has successfully implemented projects in 6 countries and expressed his readiness to use this experience to strengthen trade relations and ensure food security between countries.
Henrik Halager Christiansen, General Director of "Estithmar Holding", said that the conglomerate includes 45 companies operating in 5 areas. In Kazakhstan, they expressed interest in implementation of projects in the tourism and health sectors.
Regional Director of "Metito Qatar" Vignesh Iyer, which has offices in 35 countries, said that the company has started working on the implementation of projects in Aktobe and Karaganda regions. They have an intention to expand their activity in other regions of Kazakhstan. Thus, on the sidelines of the Forum, the Qatari company signed a Memorandum on implementation of the project in Zhambyl region.
As part of the visit, the Qatari delegation held business meetings between large Qatari companies and the Kazakh state and private sector.
On the margins of the Investment Forum, the ceremony of signing 13 bilateral documents worth over $625 million took place.
List of signed documents:
- The first document is the Memorandum of understanding between «National Managing Holding Baiterek» and «Hassad Food».
- The Memorandum of Understanding in dairy production between «National Managing Holding Baiterek», «Dinara Group » and the «Baladna».
- The Memorandum on cooperation in the production of poultry between «National Managing Holding Baiterek», «Agroholding Alel Agro» and «Baladna».
- National Mining Company Tau-Ken Samruk and Qatar Mining have signed the Memorandumon cooperation in the metallurgy and mining sector.
- «Kazakhstan Investment Development Fund» and «Estithmar Holding» signed Memorandum on cooperation in the sector of tourism.
- Memorandum on cooperation in implementation of PPP-projects between «Kazakhstan Investment Development Fund » and «Estithmar Holding»
- The Memorandum on cooperation between «Kazakh Tourism» and «Estithmar Holding».
- The Memorandum of Understanding between «Akimat of Zhambyl Region» and «Metito».
- The Agreement on the investment cooperation in the field of agriculture between «National Company Kazakh Invest» and «Qatar National Enterprise».
- Memorandum of Cooperation in promotion of Kazakh producers on Qatari market between «QazTrade» and «KazakhAgroExport».
- The Memorandum on cooperation in implementation of ICT projects in Qatar between «QazTrade» and «Parqour».
- The Memorandum on cooperation in the field of Academic and Research between «Al-Farabi Kazakh National University» and «Qatar University».
- The Memorandum on construction of Medical Center between «KIDF», «Cynosure» and «Elegancia Healthcare».